On 7/8/2016, the $2.99 Visual Voicemail service will be discontinued. Some older smartphones and basic phones that support it won't be able to use the service.
What to Do
On 7/8/2016, those devices that now use $2.99 Visual Voicemail will be automatically switched to our free Basic Voicemail service. Basic Voicemail gives you the ability to receive and check voice messages by calling *86 from your phone.
- You won't lose any existing voice messages when switching from $2.99 Visual Voicemail to Basic Voicemail.
- Your existing voice messages will be saved, but you'll need room for new messages. Before the switch to Basic Voicemail on 7/8, make sure you have less than 20 messages in your mailbox. For more information on saving or archiving your messages, refer to our Basic Visual Voicemail FAQs.
- You may have to set up your voice mailbox after switching from $2.99 Visual Voicemail to Basic Voicemail. To set up your Basic Voicemail, see the instructions below.
Configurar mensajes de voz
This provides instructions on how to set up Basic Voicemail and your greeting. For additional info, check out the Preguntas frecuentes sobre mensajes de voz page. If you're having other issues with your phone or device, visit our Asistente para diagnóstico de problemas. These options provide step-by-step solutions for many device issues.
To access Basic Voicemail without entering a PIN, learn how to add a pause to your speed dial settings.
- Call *86 (*VM) from your phone.
If you hear a system greeting, press the Pound key (#) immediately to interrupt it.
- Follow the instructions to choose your language options and press the # key to confirm your choice.
Press 1 for English, then press the # key to confirm.
- When prompted, enter the 4-7 digit password then press the # key.
- When prompted, say your name then press the # key.
- To confirm the entry, press the # key.
- When prompted, say the greeting then press the # key.
- To confirm the greeting, press the # key.
- Para activar más opciones, consulta las Voicemail Options.
You can also continue to use our free Basic Visual Voicemail service by upgrading your device to a smartphone or compatible phone. Please refer to our Basic Visual Voicemail FAQs para obtener más información.