On 3/16/16, the Backup Assistant Plus Sync service will no longer be available to back up and sync email accounts on your mobile devices.
On certain devices, the Email app will stop sending and receiving emails, unless you adjust the settings using the steps below. View affected devices.
Backup Assistant Plus will still back up your contacts and media without any changes.
What to Do
If your phone isn't on the affected devices list, no action is needed.
If your phone is listed, you have 3 options that will enable you to use email on your mobile device:
- Adjust the settings in your Email app. Follow the steps below to set up your email account(s) again manually in the Email app and continue using it to send and receive emails.
- In your Apps menu, tap Setup Wizard.
- Oprime Accounts.
- On the Synchronize Accounts screen, tap Other.
- Ingresa tu dirección de email y tu contraseña.
- Oprime Next.
- Select your preferences and tap Done.
- Edit the account name (if desired) and tap Next.
The next screen will show the inbox for your email account. Repeat these steps for each email account you want to access on your mobile device.
- Download a new email app. Most email services (e.g., Hotmail®, Yahoo!®, etc.) have a free app that you can download* and use to access your email account on your mobile device:
- Abre App Store de tu dispositivo (Google Play™ Store, Windows® Phone Store, etc.).
- In the Search field, enter the name of your email service provider (e.g., Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.), and tap the Search icon.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Tap INSTALL and follow the onscreen prompts to download the app.
- Once the app has downloaded, open it and follow the onscreen prompts to sign in to your email account.
For device-specific steps, refer to the Downloading an App section of our Simuladores para dispositivos.
- Upgrade to a new device with the latest email features. You may be eligible to upgrade to a new device at a discounted price.
If you aren't eligible for an upgrade, consider purchasing a new device through the Pago de dispositivo .
For more information about the discontinuation of Backup Assistant Plus Sync, refer to our Preguntas frecuentes sobre Backup Assistant Plus Sync.
*Data charges may apply.
Windows es una marca comercial registrada o una marca comercial de Microsoft Corporation en los Estados Unidos y/o en otros países.