Message + App Cannot Send Text
STEDIE87

Hello,

I have installed, deleted, and re-installed the Verizon Message + app on my iPhone 8 plus several times and tried to activate it this app -- it never works.  Been trying for a month.  Here is what happens:  when I enter my Verizon cell phone number and click on "Send a Code" it thinks for a few seconds and then generates an error message that says "Cannot generate pin.  Please try again later some time".  First off, this is horrible grammar -- almost seems like a spam message or something.  But more importantly, I cannot get the app to send a verification text/code to my number so I can validate and begin sending and receiving texts over WiFi.  What a bad application this is!  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I may have to switch to AT&T.  Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message + App Cannot Send Text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEDIE87, we definitely understand the importance of using the messaging application you want. This is definitely not the messaging experience we want our customers to have. Have you tried selecting a different message application as your main one and then changing it to the Message + application?

ElizabethC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STEDIE87

Yes, that did not work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Text messaging is how we communicate STEDIE87 and we want to keep you connected. I apologize for this inconvenience. Don't worry, we will get this fixed. At this point, to assist further, I have sent you a Private Message.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mollyasiegel

Same issue.....really could use the answer in this post.

0 Likes