Outreach messages with link blocked by verizon
sahilpruthi11
Hi team Verizon,

I'm a product manager at Innovaccer, and we are trying to outreach send text messages using a third party messaging service called Twilio to various users in the US. We realized that Verizon blocks the text message everytime we send an outreach which has a URL in it. All other carriers let the message pass, except for Verizon .The link that we send is a secure link(https), and the SMS text has no spam content. All SMS texts without a link are passed by Verizon however.

For instance:

Message that gets received on Verizon: Hi, your physician is trying to send you a text message.

Message that gets blocked on Verizon: Hi, you physician is trying to send you a text message. To check it out, click here(clickable link)

Even if the link is https://www.google.com, it gets blocked by Verizon.

We request you to help us resolve this issue on immediate priority since our users are not able to get the SMS texts. A few notes that you might have:

1. Twlio is a third party application that uses different service providers for sending the message. So we won't know which service provider is being used to send an outreach at a particular time.

2. If you'd like to register a ticket on the issue corresponding to a Verizon number, you may do so on the following contact details:

Name: Erin [removed]

Erin is my colleague at Innovaccer. We tried sending outreaches to various Verizon numbers, but failed. The above number being one of the cases.

Looking forward to hear from you  

Regards

Sahil [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Outreach messages with link blocked by verizon
jav6
Champion - Level 3

This is primarily a customer-to-customer public forum with visibility to Verizon agents for input.  Maybe a Verizon agent will point you to who you need to talk to regarding this issue.  There has been considerable discussion regarding the REMIND application and Verizon's treating their text messages as Spam.  I believe REMIND was using third party applications for texting which were being interpreted as Spam by Verizon. You might look at those discussions and related internet links for information as to what transpired.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

sahilpruthi11,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to learn that the URL link is being blocked when your sending text messages to your users. I know how important is it to receive these messages and I'll be happy to help. Let's gather some more details about what's going on and if we need to file a ticket for the issue we can. Can you tell me if this method of sending messages to your users using the third party messaging service ever worked? Can you tell me if the link is still blocked when a message is sent without using Twlio?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sahilpruthi11

Hi Juan,

Answering your two questions:

1. We have tried using Twilio, 2nd line and google hangouts as third

parties, and Verizon has always blocked SMS communication which has a link

in it.

2. However, when we try to send the same SMS text with a link

directly(without using a third party, that is), the SMS text goes

successfully.

Request you to help us resolve this issue on priority.

Regards

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 10:14 PM juand_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vasah18

Hi Juan,

This issue has been acting as a major blocker for us. Please advise us in resolving this on priority.

0 Likes
VerizonUser2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there an update or resolution that can be shared?  I am experiencing a similar issue and trying to find out who can help me resolve it.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VerizonUser2019,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing similar issues with the URL link for Verizon Messages. I'm here to help resolve this for you. Can you tell me specifically what problems you're experiencing? When did these issues start? 

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonUser2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for replying!  I opened a separate thread that explains my actual issue - can you help? 
https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/App-to-Verizon-Customer-messages-being-fil...

0 Likes
scubajohnsonben

Did these issues ever get resolved?  We are having the same issues.  Any messages sent to a Verizon number which include a clickable link are blocked.  This started early last year (2019).  We would appreciate seeing a resolution ASAP.  

Thanks

Ben

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello scubajohnsonben, we're concerned to learn that you're also having this problem, and we'd love to help. How are you sending the messages?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes