caller can't hear me, but i can hear them
RUBYDIX33
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have a lg exalt lte flip phone.  I can hear callers, but they can't hear me. the phone is not on mute.

Labels (1)
Re: caller can't hear me, but i can hear them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RUBYDIX33,

It's vitally important to be able to communicate both ways on a phone call, and I'm sorry your Exalt LTE phone is not cooperating. Let's work together and get this addressed for you. It sounds to me like this would be a microphone issue, but I want to make sure. How are your calls if you use a pair of headphones or a Bluetooth headset during a call? If you play music on your device, are there any issues with audio then?

Also, sometimes all that's needed to fix a bug like this is a good old fashioned reboot of the phone. This is as simple as powering it down completely, leaving it off for a couple of minutes, and then powering it back on. Using the instructions here (http://spr.ly/6582EPhgo) please complete this step. Lastly, please ensure your Bluetooth settings are off by using the instructions here (http://spr.ly/6583EPhgU). This is going to confirm there isn't any interference, so we know the call is only coming through the device itself.

We'll be standing by to hear more from you.

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Phantom705
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I both are experiencing this issue within the last 2 weeks. Both of us are on Verizon, we have two different phones, and both of us have confirmed mute was not on. We call back and they can hear us the 2nd time (there was one call I had to make 3x's before they heard me). We both have reset our phones numerous times and checked for bluetooth intereference. It is starting to happen with every call (the worst being the 30min wait I was on to only get to someone and they couldn't hear me). It is starting to look like a Verizon network issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is concerning to hear, as it's different numbers we would recommend that you reset the network settings on the device and keep us posted. GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes
Steve295
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issue. Verizon gave me a signal booster and even though I have full bars it still does this intermittently. Apple gave me a new iPhone 10x Max and it still happens. Were you ever able to get this fixed and if so how or did you switch to another carrier and did that help?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to hold a conversation Steve295. You have reached the right person to help you. Is anyone else having this issue? May I have your nearest intersection and zip code? Are you able to hear other audio on your device? For example YouTube etc. Please provide the make and model of your device too.  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
irish1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine goes both ways. some times I can't hear the caller but they can hear me some times they can't. and sometimes trying to call out phone says dialing but never has sound of ringing just quiet. has been going on for a week. not just my phone but 3 others and one of them are cricket phone. I have looked at all the post on all the sites with this issue and tried all that has been said. nothing works...

it has got to be a service issue. I am in the 54341 zip code

TINRIC64

Hi. I have been having this issue too and so has my son and mom. I have an iphone 6plus and my son and mom have an 8plus.  i have to use headphones or speakerphone to hear callers.... SO IRRITATING!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want all of your calls to work for you, irish1973. We are here to help.

What model phone do you have? What signal is show on your phone that it is getting from us? 

We apologize, but we cannot review our service for the zip code 54341. All of our information is showing that is a location in Germany. What is the city/state you are located at, as well as the closest cross streets? 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
irish1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its a zone 3

and I have 4 bars in signal

Medway, ohio 45341

cross streets are

Park and Elm rd

0 Likes