HP Elite X3: How Well Has It Held Up?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not really a question, but, for customers who purchased the final Windows Mobile phone made for Verizon Wireless, how well is it holding up?

Purchasing the X3 was, unfortunately, not in the cards for me.

With rumors that Microsoft hasn't fully abandoned the Andromeda concept, I had some hope that this device...if it does come to fruition...would find its way to Verizon Wireless.

Then, when I started reading reports online suggesting that Verizon Wireless's 5G network is going to be different than the 5G networks deployed by other carriers, I got the sinking feeling that Microsoft would, once again, make the decision to steer clear of Verizon Wireless in the same manner that it decided to not seek CDMA certification for the Lumia 550, 650, 950 and 950XL.

Anyway, what does the report card for the X3 look like?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HP Elite X3: How Well Has It Held Up?
rerqerqer

I didn't buy it from Verizon but it has held up very well.  I like Windows phone OS much better than Android or Apple.  I know at some point I will have to replace my HP but I'm really not looking forwards to it.  I don't make great demands of my phone so the lack of apps or the fact that MS is no longer supporting the phone other than security updates doesn't make a difference to me.

0 Likes
Re: HP Elite X3: How Well Has It Held Up?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sadly, Microsoft's support for all Windows Mobile devices ends in December. Some features will cease to function shortly thereafter, while others may continue on into 2020 before becoming inoperable.

0 Likes