Htc desire 526 4GLTE
Mersel

Dear all, I have a phone from America, bought in your store. It can only be used with Verizon sim card. I need your help to use it in Bosnia on SIM card from BH Telecom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Htc desire 526 4GLTE
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was this a prepaid phone on Verizon Wireless?

It might not have the GSM radios for your location. https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4838

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ryanco_vzw
Verizon Employee

Mersel,

I understand the need to ensure your newly purchased HTC Desire 526, is able to be used in Bosnia, and I'm happy to clarify further for you.

This device comes in Prepaid and Postpaid versions. All of our Postpaid devices can be used overseas with a compatible network frequency, upon activation on our network. The key here is that the device has to be activated on our network to be able to be used for usage abroad. Like Ann154 mentioned quite accurately, our Prepaid devices operate slightly differently. If the device was a Prepaid phone, it needs to be active on our service for one year from the original activation date, or until payments are made in the amount that is specified on the back of the packaging that the unit came in. For more details surrounding our Device Unlocking Policy, check out this handy link: https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy

Did I explain this okay?

RyanCo_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.
Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mersel

Posting sir

This phone was purchased in 2015, immediately sent to Bosnia as a gift. My friend did not know he could not be used in Bosnia. Everything works, just when I put the Sim card to be hit Verizon, it does not look for any code.

Thank you very much,

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

you're put of luck. Get a new phone

0 Likes