Caller cant hear me and call failed
49er4life
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've lived in the same house over 10 years and never really had any issues (zip code 28269).  Over the past few weeks my wife and I have noticed that people frequently can't hear us on phone.  It happens several times a day now.  When on the phone for a couple minutes everything seems fine and then all of a sudden they can't hear us and it eventually says call failed.  We thought maybe our phones were getting old, so my wife just bought a new Iphone X and she is still having the same problem.  I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and have the same problem.  So frustrating.  It has me considering switching or maybe even adding back my land line.  Anyone have any suggestions?

David

Labels (1)
Re: Caller cant hear me and call failed
palomad_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for those details, we currently do not show any open alerts in this area, but no worries we definitely want to investigate deeper. To start, are other services affected? How many bars of signal your devices show on top?

0 Likes
Re: Caller cant hear me and call failed
MARMOR56

I am in 49424. My wife and I purchased 2 new iPhone XRs in December. Prior to this we were using iPhone 7s. The iPhone 7s never had call fail issues but now with these new phones we each have had 3 instances where we have had to reset our phones because of call fail issues. The call will go out or come in and we will answer or here someone pick up for maybe 1 second and then the cail fail message comes up. It doesn't matter how many times they call back or you call them, the scenario repeats. We have not tried airplane mode yet but I'll give that a shot but really neither one should have to be required on a regular basis. I would have to say that this has been happening all within the last 7-10 days.

0 Likes