Overall, my question is WHEN?
jimcason69

I am addressing the effective denial of use of my cell phone by intrusive ads.

When will the phone service providers enter this problem area and protect their investment?  For the expansion of intrusion in all my usage areas and features is clearly out of control.

Aggressive advertisers already used popups and other relatively unimportant interference in their concern for their profits but just recently they have:

1.  Increased their interference in my reading of news information with all manner of intrusion into my peaceful enjoyment of reading uninterrupted the articles I am interested in.  But worse

2.  Now they have invaded my ability to use the phone functions too.  I get a call and before I can accept the call or shortly thereafter, I get popup ads which overlay management of the call features.  So, instead of peacefully connecting my calls, I now have to place my phone some distance away while trying to identifying how to delete this interference.  Meanwhile, I cannot speak with my caller or manage the phone conversation as I have to isolate the phone away from my ears to find the delete areas which are changed by each advertiser.

So, I suggest Verizon's management should enter this area without delay and improve the basic functions of why we customers engage your services which is our communications.  For without effective control of advertising, our peaceful enjoyment of the services is being interfered with so much that indeed, I may soon have to stop the service which is being dominated by advertisers.

Sincerely,

James [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Overall, my question is WHEN?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You likely have installed a questionable application that is pushing ads to your home screen. You need to find it and remove it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

This has nothing to do with the carrier. it's either the sites or apps you use.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Games, free music or other apps you downloaded are responsible.  Carriers do not control your phone. 

0 Likes
albertor_vzw
Verizon Employee

Jimcason69 I can fully understand how alarming these pop up can be. Ann154 is correct in saying pop up adds that you are describing are usually caused by a third party application being installed. It is a good idea to remove the latest application off your device. What model phone do you have, and we could provide these instructions for you?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes