I'm trying to activate an HTC One m8 for Windows and it says it can't be activated on Verizon
wcox427

When trying to move from a Galaxy s5 to my old HTC One m8 for Windows I get a message "this phone can't be activated on the Verizon network" even though it is a Verizon device I used 4 years ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm trying to activate an HTC One m8 for Windows and it says it can't be activated on Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As of July 2018, any Verizon Wireless phone that uses CDMA for voice and not compatible with VoLTE and HD Voice can't be activated on the Verizon Wireless network. Any phone already activated prior to July 2018 can remain active on the network until Verizon Wireless starts notifying users to switch to a newer device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I'm trying to activate an HTC One m8 for Windows and it says it can't be activated on Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see that you are having difficulties activating a HTC One M8. We are here to help and see what is going on with the activation. We recently updated our services and only 4GLTE phones with Advanced Calling will be compatible in our network. Unfortunately, the HTC One M8 is not compatible with the Advanced Calling service. You are more than happy to take a look at our latest devices at www.vzw.com.

VictorC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes