LG G5 update to Oreo no longer getting notifications numbers for email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
JenR8r88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since I did the recent upgrade I'm not getting the number pop-up on the application badges for any of the apps that used to show me the number of new items like email,  Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. I have already checked my settings to be sure I have that preference set; which I do. Can anyone help other than providing the frustrating and unrealistic "do a factory reset" suggestion? Thank you in advance Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
Re: LG G5 update to Oreo no longer getting notifications numbers for email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JenR8r88,

Notifications certainly come in handy when we need them. I'm sorry to learn that you are having troubles. A factory reset likely wouldn't fix anything as it won't revert back your old software. When you checked out your settings, what did you have them set to?

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: LG G5 update to Oreo no longer getting notifications numbers for email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
JenR8r88
Enthusiast - Level 1

My icon badges setting is set to "Show with numbers".

The thing is that I didn't change any settings whatsoever and now I'm not getting any notifications at all. Now I'm not even getting missed calls notifications.

This Oreo upgrade was the worst decision I've made with this phone!!

Do I have to call Verizon Tech support for help or is there some other place that focuses only on the Oreo upgrade got LGG5 phones that I can go to for help?

0 Likes