Pixel 2 not ringing when on bluetooth
DKWDKW0301

When connected to my car's bluetooth (Ford Focus 2012), the Pixel 2 will sometimes not ring.  Nothing noticeable happens when the call happens.  Caller reports it's as if the phone is off (straight to VM).  Texts come through fine.  When trying to reproduce, it works as expected.  Wondering if it's possible the screen lock is disabling the inbound calls?  Have gone through the settings to ensure any DND options are turned off.

Seems to have been find until upgrade to Android 9.x.  So, that might be a clue...

Any ideas?

Dave [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 2 not ringing when on bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to have full use of your phone while in your car DKWDKW0301. I'm sorry you're phone won't ring wile connected to the Bluetooth in your car. Let's work on a resolution so that you're able to enjoy your device while driving.

Do you have multiple devices connected to the car? If so, what happens if you disconnect all of them except your phone? What is the current firmware on the Bluetooth car kit? This is important to ensure your cars Bluetooth software is compatible with your phone.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DKWDKW0301

The Pixel is the only device connected.

Bluetooth in car is from Ford MySync. 2012 Ford Focus. I believe the

service level is current.

Thanks,

Dave

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 2:33 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, DKWDKW0301. To confirm, was this the only change with the device? When was the software updated? Have you tried deleting the Bluetooth connection and setting it up once more? 

Jaime_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes