Galaxy s5 sd card non-support
aruiztx

My Samsung Galaxy s5's sd card worked great till the last OS version was installed. Will it be supported again?

If yes, when? If no, why not?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s5 sd card non-support
bearone21
Legend

go int a verizon store or have cs send you a new one, assuming the phone is activated!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aruiztx, a network connection to your Samsung is a must. I would be just as concerned if my SIM card showed it was not supported. Please shed more light into what has help indicate to you that it is no longer supported. If possible, please provide me with a screenshot of an error message. What software update is your S5 currently on?

Akane_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP was asking about the SD card not the SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

sd cards fail, have you tried another card or tried the suspect card in a card reader?

ann154:

my error, thank you!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, thank you for that clarification!

aruiztx, Please ensure your SD card is working properly. You can do this by inserting it into another device or using a card reader for a laptop. If you have confirmed that the card properly works, please inspect the area in which the card is inserted, and ensure there is no damage or debris. Please let us know the result of these steps.

ImanuelC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
aruiztx

SD cards on the Samsung Galaxy S5 stopped working with the latest OS release.  I have had this verified by Verizon tech support (Samsung support told me to contact Verizon).  I do not need any advice on how to use or check an sd card.  I used a card in my Verizon phone for over a year until the latest OS release made it "unsupported".  I have tried multiple sd cards which all format  fine on a pc (but not on the phone anymore) and work fine on any device but in my Verizon Wireless phone (with the lates OS).  Verizon support consists of suggesting I get a newer phone.  Am I the only person to have used an S5 with an SD card or was I the only one foolish enough to "upgrade" to the latest OS and therefore end my S5 SD support?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

upgrade to 6.0?

0 Likes