Having an issue with 'Do Not Disturb' rules not ending ??
Pocketful
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do not disturb automatic rules does not END when it should. 4 phones all do the same thing. Problem started 11/17 . Software is up-to-date on all phones. Still happening now 8/18 . As a workaround I have set a silent alarm that does end the do not disturb but I should not have to set that alarm.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kyocera Duraforce Pro. Do Not Disturb automatic rules end time does NOT turn off. 4 phones same problem on all. Started 11/17.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with the "do not disturb" function, Pocketful. I'm here to help. When you have the do not disturb screen pulled up, do you have it set to vibrate, alarms only, total silence or priority only? Please ensure that this feature is set to one of those configurations to ensure desired operation. 

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Having an issue with 'Do Not Disturb' rules not ending ??
bearone21
Legend

dnd has limits that you set, start/stop, & who you will receive calls &/or messages from within that window!

how does an alarm affect dnd?

0 Likes
Pocketful
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have it set for priority only. Alarms always end do not disturb, unless there is another alarm set for later then do not disturb will stay on. When this problem started it was just once or twice a week. And then within two and a half weeks it was happening all the time. And that was back in November of 2017. So it's clearly a bug of some sort. If you search Google you'll find other brands and models of phones had similar issues with the introduction of nougat and Oreo. Those apparently were fixed in short order but this one has dragged

0 Likes
Pocketful
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kyocera Duraforce Pro. I'm not sure why the Verizon moderator took the phone model out of my original question. But removing the model is not helpful.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pocketful wrote:

Kyocera Duraforce Pro. I'm not sure why the Verizon moderator took the phone model out of my original question. But removing the model is not helpful.

There are no notations on your original post indicating that a moderator edited it. If they edited a a post it would say so. Yours has nothing about the phone model or moderator edits.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

do you ever re-boot the phone?

0 Likes