Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,540 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Why did the clip tray stop working on LG V30 after last update?
Ldawson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since last Verizon update the clip tray will NOT OPEN on LG V30, it does NOTHING! Why fix what's not broken and break it? I've read this has happened to the LG phone from Verizon online through Reddit and other places. Why? Fix the problem or give credits to people who have been affected by it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did the clip tray stop working on LG V30 after last update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ldawson, we're sorry to hear the software update is causing you clip tray problems; we're here to help. Tell us if you're using the pre-installed keyboard or a downloaded keyboard?

Trinette_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
perezvic213
Enthusiast - Level 2

am useing a downloaded keyboard but it worked before with it ...after a update.. it started haveing this issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Since you are having issues with a third party keyboard, you would need to reachout to the developers of the keyboard for assistance.

0 Likes
perezvic213
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has nothing to do with the keyboard.. It's something with the software

update.. My wife has the same phone with stock keyboard and also can't use

the clip tray

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018, 11:26 PM vzw_customer_support <

BigGallemore
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here, I have original keyboard as well. That's a pretty useful tool to get rid of for no apparent reason!

0 Likes
accrobrandon

[removed] same issue just started... my phone some how did a forced updated, reset, and boom no clip tray which i use big time for social media posting and promo...   whats going on verizon...  or is it LG? either or u all need to fix. thx

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, accrobrandon. Occasionally when a software update is released by the device manufacturer, it has some errors that can affect features and applications on the device. It would appear as though that is what happened here. Typically this leads to subsequential software updates by either the device manufacturer, or the manufacturer of the third-party app. 

0 Likes
accrobrandon

and so does this post…or info go anywhere? or do we need to submit issues directly to LG for updates and correction, because this is annoying [removed] and can hopefully be corrected sooner than later.

thanks

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We totally understand the importance of the clip tray with your phone, accrobrandon. It helps when you reach out to us in order for us to get the resolution needed. 

I have sent a Direct Message in order to gather more details.

Tamara_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes