Who can I speak to about my recent service.
JVlaisavich
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Just last night, I upgraded to the Google Pixel 2 XL.  After taking it home and starting the transfer process, I noticed that some of the black coating on the front of the phone has been scratched off, the silver body below it peeking through.  Today (8.02), I called Verizon customer service to speak with someone about this (I thought I was reaching my local store, but I did not).

The woman on the line heard my story and said that there would be no issue with exchanging the phone for a new one with no damage on it.  She never mentioned anything about a restocking fee for an exchange.

When I get to the store later this afternoon, I check in and the woman who greeted me at the door read the note.  She then said that she would be able to exchange the phone, but I would have to pay the restocking fee.  I asked why I would need to do this, seeing as how it was a new phone that came with cosmetic damage, and she proceeded to state "that's just how it was."  I then asked to speak to a manager.

The representative left to retrieve the manager, but after about a minute or two of being gone, came back to tell me that the manager was in a meeting and that I would need to wait about 5-10 minutes.

At that point, I said that manufacturer defects happen all of the time and that I still did not understand why I would need to pay the fee.  The employee then said "Yes, it does happen, but not with physical damage."

It was at that point that I felt like the employee did not believe me, and ultimately pinned the blame on me.  I told her that I barely handled it last night, and had been careful with it since having it because I noticed the damage.  She did nothing to help me, and did not seem to care.  At that point, I was feeling extremely on edge and upset, so to avoid further stress and irritation, I left.  I felt it was the better choice, as the employees did not seem keen on helping.

I am extremely disappointed with this.  I would have hoped for better service and care.  This is an exchange, not a return.  You would think in situations like this, the restocking fee would be waived.

Labels (2)
Re: Who can I speak to about my recent service.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JVlaisavich, this is never the impression we want to leave. Your loyalty and business mean everything to us. We assure you this is not how we like to do business. We are sad to hear you left the store without your issue being resolved. Restocking fees are never fun. No worries we are certainly here to help. We truly understand your concern with the cosmetic damage on the new phone. We would love to address any concerns you have. Just to clarify, have you been able to do the exchange since then? If not, when did you initially purchase the device?  

Dia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the frustration you experienced when you went to the store to exchange the device, Jvlaisavich. I would not be happy of I had the same experience. I am someone who can help you with the concern about the restocking fee. Even though the information appears on the documentation about the restocking fee, this should've been handled with a more sensitive approach. I am sending you a private message and please respond back so I can assist you further.  

Edwin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sindym90
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is something similar that happened to me. I have a business account along with the rest of my family and we switched over from Sprint because they offered a better deal and we had had a pleasant experience with Verizon in the past. I went in to get a new phone because my Samsung 8 was cracked and completely done. I told the sales representative that I was unsure about the color and he told me not to worry about that because I could come back within 30 days and it would be no problem to switch over to the black color. I came back within 1 hour of having the phone because I wanted the black 1. He told me that I would have to pay a $50 restocking fee even though the phone is still brand new it hadn't been used at all and I'm just exchanging the color, I'm not returning it. I reminded him that I had told him my concern about the color and he told me there would be no issues if I came back within 30 days and the HE NEVER MENTIONED A RESTOCKING FEE. I feel he should've disclosed that information  KNOWING I was unsure of the color. If he had told me about the restock fee I would've thought a bit longer and made sure I got the color I wanted. they were completely insensitive. I'm extremely disappointed with that sales rep and Verizon as a whole. Not to mention they sold a defective watch to my brother. He came to get it exchange for a good one and they turned him away. We are leaving Verizon after all they're starting to be just as bad as sprint 😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sindym90, We hope you are enjoying your new phone and that you remain in the Verizon family. We apologize for any confusion our restocking fee has caused you. The restocking fee is non-refundable (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/return-exchange-procedures/).

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes