Travel to Spain
pepe22

I will be travelling to Spain for 10 days, and I am confused with the international plans available. I will probably be making 5-10 calls and 5-10 texts daily, and I will be using google maps to travel

0 Likes
Re: Travel to Spain
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

You have two choices; $10 a day ($100 for 10 days) or the 30 day pass for $40.

0 Likes
Re: Travel to Spain
rcschnoor
Legend

Adding to the previous reply, the 30 day pass for $40 comes with 100 calling minutes with anything above that billed at the rate of $1.79/minute. It also comes with 100 sent texts with anything above that billed at the rate of $0.50/text. It also comes with 100 MB of data with anything above that billed at the rate of $25/100MB.

The $10/day rate uses your own plans minutes/texting/data allowances and overage rates.

While the $40/month plan may seem cheaper at first glance, overages can add up quite quickly.

For example, you say 5-10 calls/day. If any of those calls are for a duration of more than a minute, you WILL have minute overages. Using data to supply maps needed for travel, it is quite likely that you will have data overages, too.  With 50(5 calls/day) calls over 10 days at just 3 minutes/call, you would have $89 in minute overages. With JUST 100 MB in data overages, you would have $25 in overages. Adding that to the $40 monthly fee would bring your international cost for those 10 days to $154.