Why do 2 Verizon accounts have very different hotspot speeds?
KARCOG89

I am setting up an iPhone hotspot for internet and discover that my work phone has dramatically (10x) faster speed than my personal account (20 Mbps vs 1-2 Mbps).  How can I get my personal (unlimited data) account to operate - in the exact same location - at the higher speed?

Many thanks!

KC

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do 2 Verizon accounts have very different hotspot speeds?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You're work phone maybe on a different plan. Which plan are you on for person and which plan is your work phone on? Also what is your phone and what is you work phone.

0 Likes
Re: Why do 2 Verizon accounts have very different hotspot speeds?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Karcog89, being able to get fast speeds with your hotspot is a must. It does seem weird that one device would be faster than the other. But, boringusername has brought up some good points. There could be a difference between the two plans that you would have on each device.

There are a few different Unlimited Data plans that you can have on personal account. Do you know precisely what unlimited data plan you have for your account?

Kevin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes