Calls from people saying I called them when I didn't
LANAS

Several times I have had people (total strangers) call me saying my number called them, when I didn't.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls from people saying I called them when I didn't
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your number was spoofed by a third party aka telemarketers to make the people receiving the call think it was coming from your number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LANAS,

Ann154 is definitely giving you accurate information here. I know how vital it is to make sure you are only getting the calls you are supposed to get, and that your number is being used properly. When it comes to the telemarketers these days, they are getting more and more tricks up their sleeves to increase the likelihood of the recipient picking up. Unfortunately, these third-party applications are accessible to anyone and it allows the user to put in any phone number as a "disguise" number, to make it appear like a local call.

The best way to minimize these events occurring is to be able to report them going forward. If you end up being on the receiving end of the calls, check out this link http://spr.ly/6587DmOUf (look under the FAQs header) for ways to report these activities going forward. With any luck, maybe the call(s) you end up getting on your end could be the same telemarketers that are using your number as a masked number.

Does this help clear up the details?

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Geckogirl63

How do i stop my number from being used for spam

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you mean you want others to stop spoofing your number when making spam calls, there is nothing you can do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Geckogirl63,

I know it can be a nuisance to hear that your number is being used to call other people. If you're getting calls from other people and they're telling you to stop calling, you can gather the details from their call they received and report it accordingly using the link here (http://spr.ly/660414Hag). I sure hope this isn't a very common occurrence for you. This happened to me as well, intermittently for about a week, and then stopped completely. If this persists, and you can't take it any longer, you can change your number using the link here (http://spr.ly/660514Ha9). But, this would be the last case scenario of course.

I'm certain you'll find this information useful. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes