Group text to more than 9 recipients
lahuryk

How do I add a 10th recipient to my group text?  I have heard that the limit of 10 in a group is imposed by the carrier, but according to historic entries on this forum, Verizon's limit is 20.  I have an iPhone 7 a group text with users with varied carriers, phones and message types.  For some reason I was not able to add more recipients to the group text once I hit 9.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group text to more than 9 recipients
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lahuryk, 

There are definitely times when we need to get a message to a lot of people at the same time. If you're using the native messaging app on the iPhone, it should accommodate at least ten numbers where the Message+ app will accommodate 20, so it's strange that you're unable to add ten numbers into the group you're attempting to create. Which messaging app are you using on your iPhone 7? What happens when you try to add a tenth number? Have you been able to do so in the past?

Shawnte_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes