I can't use my Indian mobile network access(Like Airtel 4G). I received calls & sms only in India
pauljey12

Hi,   I have purchased a LG VS985 phone in USA locked on Verizon. I woud like to use in India. This system is updated recently on 18-Jun-2018(4CA Update). Still I can't use my Indian mobile network access(Like Airtel 4G). I received calls & sms only. But I'm really unable to use the mobile network. Please help me and guide me on the unlocking process and let me know for any information from the phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I can't use my Indian mobile network access(Like Airtel 4G). I received calls & sms only in India
deloused
Master - Level 3

Based on your description of the issue your phone is not locked to any network. If the phone was locked to the Verizon network it would not have been able to connect to your carrier in India with the SIM card there even for calls & texts.

The LG VS985 hardware is only compatible with one network frequency used by Airtel in India (GSM Band 8 900mhz). Airtel uses Band 40 2300mhz for LTE in India, and your phone is not compatible with that network type. The LTE radio installed in the LG VS985 can only use 700/1700/2100mhz frequency types, so it would only operate on carriers that operate those LTE network types.

Re: I can't use my Indian mobile network access(Like Airtel 4G). I received calls & sms only in India
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you can use your device. Did you have this device active on a Verizon account?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes