Software update message repeats
rjsutton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I continue to get a "Software update read to install" message popup even after I install the Verizon Wireless update on my Samsung Galaxy S5 android phone. How do I stop receiving this update message?

Re: Software update message repeats
bearone21
Legend

complete the update, you might be timing out with the network....try wi-fi!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried smart switch or kies to get the update?

0 Likes
rjsutton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can update the software, but the message keeps popping up to update the same software. I haven't tried smart switch or kies. Not sure how they would help or how to use them. I think something is wrong with my phone. Thanks.

Sent from Surface

rjsutton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completed the update several times with WiFi on and still get the software update message wanted to update the same software. I think something is wrong with the phone. Thanks.

Sent from Surface

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Both programs can update your phone. All you have to do is connect the phone to a computer with these programs on it with the same cable you use to charge the phone. You should get a message on your phone to let the computer connect to it.Hopefully your phone is setup to do this like in developer options is setup on your phone and down from that usb configuration in there you want MTP on. If you don't have this developer options set go into settings and go down to about phone then tap build number 7 or 8 times and this will turn it on. Verizon also has a program that could fix this problem.

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

Let us know if any of this helps

0 Likes