International plans
DALPET64

My son will be in London for 55 days this summer.  What is the best way to have limited international coverage if needed to call or had an emergency?  He otherwise doesn't use the phone to talk, text,  We just want it to be in touch with him and to help him in using wireless connection to get info for traveling and finding places.  Do we have to pay for the international plan the entire time or can we turn it on for a few days and start and end usage when he needs its.  Otherwise he will have internet connection through the school he is attending.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: International plans
SANNEW86

I am going from Philadelphia, PA to Israel for three weeks.  Can I use text and the cell phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DALPET64,

Thank you for reaching out to our community forums. It's always a great resource to use. We know it's important to know your options for connecting while abroad, and we'll be happy to help. The best place to start out and see all of the options you'll have will be the "Trip Planner" tool. You can access it here: http://vz.to/2pPShZu You'll have several choices varying from different monthly packages, to our Travel Pass, which is a daily rate option that kicks in only when service is used. Depending on where he'll be, he may also have access to WiFi. If he does, he may also be able to use WiFi calling to avoid any costs. Please review the program options, and just let us know if you have any additional questions for us.

Eric_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you stay connected while out of the country is very important. I would like to confirm your phone will work in Israel. I sent you a Private Message. I want to get this done quickly. For immediate help, please reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter. 

Vanetris_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes