iPhone 5C receiving text message in Honda CR-V kills Pixel 2 call
jav6
Champion - Level 3

My son has a new Pixel 2 paired via Bluetooth to his Honda CR-V.  While on a Pixel 2 call, his wife receives a text message on her iPhone 5C (paired with their CR-V but Bluetooth OFF) and the Pixel 2 call loses audio and drops. We tested it several times with the same result.  She doesn't have to open the text message, just receive it, and the Pixel 2 call drops.  Anyone else experiencing similar issue?  I'm going to the Honda and/or iPhone forums to see if anyone is talking about similar issues there.  It could be there is something still talking between the iPhone and the CR-V's Bluetooth system, even though it is not connected, or maybe receiving a text is causing the iPhone to try activating its Bluetooth connection to the CR-V.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5C receiving text message in Honda CR-V kills Pixel 2 call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand the difficulty this may be causing him an his wife. I would be concerned if my phone were dropping calls due to this. With regard to this issue when did this start? Does this happen with any phone connected to the bluetooth connection? JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5C receiving text message in Honda CR-V kills Pixel 2 call
jav6
Champion - Level 3

At this time, they only have the iPhone 5C and Pixel 2 in the car and are on the road.  We just encountered this issue and have only minimally tested (me sending her text messages).

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes