iPhone receiving text message causes Pixel 2 call to drop in Honda CR-V
jav6
Champion - Level 3

My son has a new Pixel 2 paired via Bluetooth to his Honda CR-V.  While on a Pixel 2 call, his wife receives a text message on her iPhone 5S (paired with their CR-V but Bluetooth OFF) and the Pixel 2 call loses audio and drops. We tested it several times with the same result.  She doesn't have to open the text message, just receive it, and the Pixel 2 call drops.  Anyone else experiencing similar issue?  I'm going to the Honda and/or iPhone forums to see if anyone is talking about similar issues there.  It could be there is something still talking between the iPhone and the CR-V's Bluetooth system, even though it is not connected, or maybe receiving a text is causing the iPhone to try activating its Bluetooth connection to the CR-V.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone receiving text message causes Pixel 2 call to drop in Honda CR-V
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my bluetooth to keep me connected while driving and want to ensure your son is able to use his bluetooth successfully as well, jav6. Let's take a closer look into this and figure out what's going on. Has your son been able to keep a successful connection with other bluetooth devices? Does the car allow you to select which device you are connected to?  

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

They have no Bluetooth issue connecting their iPhone or Pixel, depending on who is using the car. They just ran into the issue posted when the Pixel was connected and on a call.  When the non-connected, Bluetooth disabled iPhone received a text, it affected the Pixel call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I must say, it is rather odd that this is happening to begin with and with the Bluetooth being turned off. Does this happen with any other Bluetooth connections and the two devices?

Chris_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I don't believe they are doing any troubleshooting with any other Bluetooth scenarios.  The issue we encountered happened during a (several) call(s) and was certainly strange.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jav6,

We definitely have to agree with you, this is a strange occurrence. During your tests, did you delete the Bluetooth connections and re-add them? You mentioned that the iPhone has been paired, but when this is happening, the Bluetooth on the phone is turned off. Is the iPhone connected via the cable to an iPod/USB port in the vehicle?

Shawnte_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

No, they haven't deleted the cars Bluetooth connections and re-added.  And, the iPhone Bluetooth was OFF and NOT connected via USB to the car.  No other testing is happening at this point, just wanted to document this experience if anybody else runs into it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jav6,

We appreciate you letting us know. It's important to us that they are able to use their devices without interruption when in the car. Has this ever happened in reverse (iphone drops a call when Pixel 2 receives a text)? Is there any error message on either the car, or either phones, when the call drops? Can you have them try deleting and re-adding the bluetooth connections? 

Joseph_VZW

0 Likes