Why is my battery constanting draining after march security update?
PEGLEE39

The phone will not hold a charge period. Is there a fix for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my battery constanting draining after march security update?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PEGLEE39

Moto z

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PEGLEE39, ensuring your battery life is lasting you a full day is important these days and we'll work towards a resolution together here. How many hours would you say your phone normally lasts on a full charge? Any other applications or other updates that were installed around the same time? 

Please reference the link attached on how to run a Device Health Check on your Moto Z. This will help identify any root cause issues or areas that need attention. I hope this information is beneficial and please keep us posted on your results. Thanks! http://spr.ly/6585D9vb5

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PEGLEE39

As soon as I unplug it from the charger, it goes dead. Before the march security update, my phone would last five to six hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PEGLEE39, I appreciate this information. My goal is to make sure that we can resolve this issue. You mentioned that once you unplug the device from the charger it shuts off. Can you tell me what percentage your battery will allow the device to charge to? Besides the battery issue, what other issues(if any) are you having since the update?

If you would be so kind and provide us with the results of your device diagnostic with the following link: http://spr.ly/6587D9xBf

KevinM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PEGLEE39

It's at 99% right now. I have no other issues.

0 Likes