Google Pixel 2 XL
LYNSTA48
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my Google Pixel 2 XL for a little over a week, and am already having the same issue as many others, the screen flashes bright white when you press power on or off.    It seems that this is a common problem for users.  

This is my second replacement phone in less than 5 months.  

I would really like to get a fix for this, and not have to go thru setting up yet another new phone.

A quick search of Google and also the Verizon community shows this is common - will there be a software fix to resolve this issue or do I have

to get yet another replacement phone????

Feeling very frustrated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google Pixel 2 XL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lynsta48,

Ensuring that you have a working phone at all times is a must. I apologize for the trouble that you are having with your phone. You mentioned this issue you are seeing on other forums, so let's see what is going on. Software updates do not come from us (Verizon), but rather the manufacture. What software version are you running on currently? When does this happen, meaning does it happen everytime?

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LYNSTA48
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have only had this phone less than two weeks. It started doing this about a week ago. It was doing it every time I pressed the on/off button, now it is doing it intermittently. It is running on Android 8.1.0 There has not been a software update since I have gotten this phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the disappointment you're having with this device, Lynsta48. Let me keep working on getting this issue resolved. Did you install or update any 3rd party apps? Have you tried putting the device in safe mode to see if the issue still happens? Here's a link to the steps https://vz.to/2tWWvCJ

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes