Poor coverage in 28457
WEBMAN3802

We switched to Verizon about five months ago.  Overall, the service has been excellent in most areas that we visit, except at home.  We usually have very low signal, with data networks varying between 1x and 3G (with the phone in the exact same location, no movement) and very frequent call dropouts.  This occurs inside and outside the house, with no large structures to block the signal.  My wife and I both have the Google Pixel 2 and have the same connection problems.  Root Metrics did not have any coverage data for our street, so I downloaded the app and it has since filled in several of the hex locations.  Our house is showing an average signal strength of -114 dBm.  I've attached a screenshot.

Capture.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage in 28457
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that you are experiencing some signal issues in your home area, WEBMAN3802. While the screenshot shared in your message is helpful, we can only troubleshoot based on our own diagnostics tools. I have checked my resources and no network alerts are noted for the Rocky Point area.

I understand that you have excellent service in most areas except in your home, and we are committed to improve your wireless experience. Have you called our tech support team (*611) to troubleshoot this issue? If you have, please share the troubleshooting steps that you have done so that we don’t ask you to do the same things twice.

Do you have WiFi at home? If you do, we can start improving your wireless experience at home by connecting to your WiFi network and enabling the WiFi Calling feature on your phone (see how at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215037/). This will greatly improve your indoor experience with both data and calls.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/google-pixel-2-xl-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&GA00153-US&...

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes