Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,514 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
I'm deleting cached data from storage, but it's not going away to make more room. Please advise.
INGFAR71

Only 4% left and apps can't update.

0 Likes
Re: I'm deleting cached data from storage, but it's not going away to make more room. Please advise.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

INGFAR71, we want to make sure you have enough storage to update your applications. Other than deleting the cached data, have you tried to delete any applications, Pictures, and Videos you may not need anymore?

0 Likes
Re: I'm deleting cached data from storage, but it's not going away to make more room. Please advise.
INGFAR71

Very few photos, audio takes me to a Gmail link that does nothing, apps I don't use are factory installed and allegedly removing them will affect performance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the concern. Certain pre-installed applications cannot be removed, but they can be disabled to save space on your device. You can delete cached, and saved information and then quickly disable the applications. This is the closest to deleting the application itself. If you have an Android device, you can also back up all videos and pictures to applications like Google Photos. What kind of phone do you have?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes