Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,403 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
since latest system upgrade my Lg V20 overheats. Why?
kcquestions

Since the last upgrade a couple of days ago my phone gets hot and the battery drains in almost an hour. I tried a new battery and same thing happened. What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: since latest system upgrade my Lg V20 overheats. Why?
prollins79

Oh my gosh--I almost want to cry! I've been researching this like crazy the past few days, and I was beginning to think I was the only one having this problem. There has to be a solution somewhere...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have with your phone, kcquestions. Upgrades are supposed to enhance your phone, not cause problems. I know how important it is to have a good working phone, with a long-lasting battery at all times. 

Can you tell me if you have powered the phone OFF at all since the update? I know you mentioned that it started when you did the update, but has the phone been dropped or wet at all? Also, since getting the new battery, does it still get hot, or does it only continue draining fast? 

Sometime with updates, some apps are not compatible with the new software. This can cause issues with the battery. 

Please try charging the phone completely, then power it up in Safe Mode for about 3-4 hours. Safe Mode will disable third party apps, but this will let us know if an app is causing the issues. Here are steps for Safe Mode: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207934/

Please keep us posted. 

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand wanting to maximize the abilities of your speakers, Prollins79. Is this something that has always happened with this device or did the sound quality go down over time?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes