Why is my cell service so much worse recently?
Beagleguy75
Enthusiast - Level 2

my calls are constantly dropping at home, this very rary happened before.  It's all in the last month.  Please help!

Labels (1)
Re: Why is my cell service so much worse recently?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You give out no information. Location, types of devices. Perhaps Verizon is upgrading your tower. Do you have wired ISP liek cable or fiber? Then turn on wi-fi calling if your device supports it.

0 Likes
Beagleguy75
Enthusiast - Level 2

The area is Gilmore township Isabella county Michigan. my device is an I Phone 6.   Text works fine.  I have slow wireless internet via a router for my ATT DSL internet service.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Beagleguy75 wrote:

The area is Gilmore township Isabella county Michigan. my device is an I Phone 6. Text works fine. I have slow wireless internet via a router for my ATT DSL internet service.

Even slow DSL will work fine for wi-fi calling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance on making sure you have reliable cell service at all times, Beagleguy75. Is there any other Verizon users you know of this past month who is experiencing the same issue with drop calls or poor service? What does your phone display in terms of a signal when this happens(4G/LTE, 3G, 1X)? Does this happen mostly indoors or outside as well? If outside, do you know of other areas to where you get better service? Did anything happen prior to a month ago(software update, storm in the area, etc)?

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Beagleguy75
Enthusiast - Level 2

This also happens on another phone as well.

It happens more indoors. Internet connection via Verizon LTE is also diminished from where it used to be.  At times it drops to 1x whereas it never did that before. 

Most of the time the phone shows 1-2 bars.

0 Likes
Beagleguy75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Additional information... I paid more attention to the signal as I drive around my area yesterday, and yes, there is a noticeable reduction in both phone service and LTE (often none or 1x) outdoors in the area as well as inside.  The service was never super strong in this area but it has clearly degraded over the past month

please fix this!

0 Likes
loren1952

So I've been having the same issue here in Portland Maine, 04103.  Signal strength around my house, and neighborhood is around -115db. It was down to -120db in my house yesterday. dropped calls, poor reception all the time.  Even my ASUS tablet has the same issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to have service around your home area, Beagleguy75. What's your zip code? How far away from the area do you have to travel before service improves? You mentioned that you're running into trouble outdoors as well, although service was not great in the past. Are you used to seeing LTE outdoors before the past month? Were you able to make calls outdoors without a problem previously?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
MyVzCommunity

I Have the same problem, for years! It got better 3-4 months ago, now back to USELESS IN MY HOME!

We are in a very good coverage area, with mostly excellent cell service EXCEPT IN OUR HOME!

Would like to get this fixed.

0 Likes