Beyond Unlimited Plan Slow Internet
INNIV3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from the old Unlimited Data plan to the "new" Beyond Unlimited. However, for two weeks now the data rate has been slow to the point that I cant even check email or search anything on the internet. Whereas two weeks prior, on the old unlimited plan, I was able to browse the internet, watch youtube, listen to music. I am unable to do any of this with the Beyond Unlimited. What gives?? I am using the same phone (Google Pixle XL), sitting at the same location. The only difference is the "new" beyond unlimited data plan. If this persists, I will cancel my service and go with another provider. I will not continue to pay for this slow service.

Labels (1)
Re: Beyond Unlimited Plan Slow Internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

INNIV3, we always want to ensure that you’re getting the fastest speeds available while you’re on our network. The last thing that we would want is to see you leave our Verizon family. Our goal is to ensure that you have the best plan to suit your needs. We’ve sent you a private message to better assist. Please check your inbox and respond at your earliest convenience.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Alley777

Verizon, I didn't mind paying the most to get the best, but now apparently that is no longer the case. I can't believe the slow speeds that I have been receiving since switching to the unlimited plan and especially in recent months. I finally decided to run some speed tests from my home to see just how slow it was, and the results left me speechless. After 4 tests, I received an average of .6 Mbps down!!! .11, 1.42, .67, and .19!

I think it goes without saying that this is unacceptable, and I will not be putting up with much more of this.

I am using the LG V30, and I have lived in the same place for years and have not had these issues prior to switching to your unlimited plan. I had to connect to my Wi-Fi just to be able to login to this site to write this comment even with 4 out of 5 bars of 4G LTE!

Please give me a reason to stay, or I will be forced to find another carrier.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending upon monthly data usage, would a tiered plan doable? Throttling is less prevalent with those plans as opposed to the unlimiteds.

0 Likes
Alley777

I'm going to try that route, because the 8GB plan should more than fulfill my data needs for a single line. Unfortunately the change won't take effect until the end of my billing cycle, so looks like I have to wait a couple of weeks to find out if that helped.

Thanks Dexman, I'll update once it does take effect.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let us know how things turn out! ☺

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alley777, we value your business and certainly wouldn’t want to see you leave us. You deserve to have the best service available and we’re here to help get you back on track. We’ve sent a Private Message to your inbox so please be on the look out and respond at your earliest convenience.

SamanthaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

SamanthaT_VZW

Alley777's last post states that the 8GB fixed plan will be tried to see if data performance is any better than either of the Unlimited plans.

0 Likes
doctortapia

I too just switched two weeks ago and my connection has been useless ever since. I just dropped the unlimited plan and am considering leaving Verizon. I cant even go back to my old plan XL w2g bonus. I didn't mind considering paying huge extra for unlimited but with the speeds so slow it is absolutely useless. Very unhappy. I am glad all my devices are paid off so I can leave with no issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need for speed, doctortapia. We most definitely wouldn’t want you to have to consider leaving the Verizon Wireless family. I’d like to look into things more closely than we can here in the forum. I’ve sent a direct message to your inbox to continue working on this with you.

George_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes