Reporting intermittent outages in Middlebrook VA Area 24459
MATBAR65

Ever since we had the wind storm a week or so ago, it seems something is lose on the tower and everytime the wind blows more the 10-15 mph our 4GLTE cuts out.  We have direct line of site of the tower near Troxel Gap on Little North Mountain 1. 8 miles away, but the signal cuts in and out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reporting intermittent outages in Middlebrook VA Area 24459
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is never fun to have your LTE cut out Matbar65. I am sure we will figure out what is going on. I did review the area and see no reported issues. Is anyone else having this concern? How far do you have to go for it to get better? What is the make/model of your device? 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MATBAR65

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I really doubt it is the equipment, we have two Mifi, one is 6620L and the other is a brand new Novatel Home Wifi T1114 router, both provided by Verizon.   The Novatel has an external antenna and we get 5 bars voice/data all the time.  We live line of site 1.8 miles from the tower with no obstructions to the tower.  Both units go in/out with the same intervals during winds of more than 10-15mph 

When it works..... it is good... no complaints.  We constantly get 4mbs up and 12 down with 42ms latency.  This all started a few weeks ago when we lost cell service for a couple of days during very high winds.  I am a teleworker and since this is our only source of high-speed other than Sat. we are real sensitive to outages.  Maybe Verizon could put us on the list for Fios and fix the whole issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are welcome and thanks for the additional details, let's dig a little deeper. The speed ranges you provided are within our 4G ranges: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-16543/. How's service when you are not at home? 

AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MATBAR65

You are clearly missing the point, or did not read the string.

The speed is not the issue, the service cuts in and out from 5 bars to zero when the wind blows.  The reason you have no other complaints is....the are only 300 people in the entire zip code and very few know how to use the service,  or can afford this service, so it would go mostly unnoticed.   This does not affect voice calls as much as it affects 4G LTE data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having reliable service is important. Let's dig deeper. I understand you experience fluctuations in signal when there is wind, can you provide more detail as to how your voice and data are impacted? Are you able to make and receive calls? How does your data perform? 

LorenzoP_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MATBAR65

The wind is blowing again today and again we are losing connection, please have somebody go look at the tower up on Troxel Gap Road, this is the only internet access for many people and this service is just not what we expect from Verizon.

0 Likes
LegacyMary

I agree with the first post about the difference in service. I did not have an exact time that things changed, but March sounds about right.  I have a second home in Middlebrook and my iPhone X, iPad Pro with wireless service, and MIFI are all having major problems accessing the internet, texting, and even receiving some calls. The service had been better. It was slow, but working up until several months ago. I was there yesterday and was unable to work because I was unable to connect to the internet from my iPad or MIFI therefore making it impossible to complete the work I had planned. I am back in the Richmond, VA, areas and all of my equipment is just fine so I know that it is not my equipment. There is something not working properly that previously had worked much better on the Verizon side of things.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LegacyMary, the last thing that I like to hear is that anyone is having trouble with their service. I know that I rely on my cell phone so without it, I'd be a little lost. The details you've provided are helpful. I was able to take a look at the area and don't see any reports of issues for that area specifically. When you are back in that area, we can troubleshoot further, but since everything is working fine now, we would be unable to do so currently.

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LegacyMary

I am back in Middlebrook, VA and my phone and IPhone X says my service is 1x. I can’t perform an internet search on safari or find my friends. I can’t talk on the phone and do anything else. My iPad is at least connecting to LTE although the little wheel is spinning beside LTE and it is extremely

Slow.

I tried to call the 800 number to talk to someone about this, but was informed the business hours are Monday through Friday.

I would love to have some answers to my problems with this service.

Thank you,

Mary

Mary

​Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes