Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,382 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
HP Elite X3 - I can only send short text messages
CINCON47

Has any one been having an issues were you can only send short text messages on the HP Elite X3. I have not took the time to count how many characters I can have in a message, but it is no more than 4 lines in the text. If the message is longer I will get the "can't send, try again" message. This is driving me crazy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HP Elite X3 - I can only send short text messages
deloused
Master - Level 3

Which model number of the HP Elite X3 are you using?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Depending on the app you're using to send a message, and the type of device the recipient is using, your message may be limited to 160 characters for SMS (text) messages. What app are you using to send messages? Is it possibly the Verizon Message+ (red icon), or a different app? 

0 Likes
CINCON47

I am using the default Windows App for messaging. I have always used this app with my Windows Phones on Verizon.

0 Likes
CINCON47

Deloused - I believe the model is 2CF73UT#ABA. I never had a problem with SMS and MMS before on Windows phone with Verizon and this is driving me crazy as I use this phone for work

thanks

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3
0 Likes
CINCON47

Deloused,

I believe my APN settings are correct, I just moved the SIM from old Windows phone to this one

APN

vzwinternet

Type of sign in info - none

IP type - IPv4v6

MMS

Profile - Verizon

APN - vzwinternet

Type of sign in info - none

MMSC - http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

MMSC port - 80

Max Size - 2048

0 Likes