Maxx 2 - Issue with screen since Nougat Install
JASRUD95

I installed the new software the other day when it was pushed to my phone.  Ever since about half the time when I push the power button to wake up the screen it does not work.  I can see the screen come on, but it is black.  I have to push the power button again to turn black screen off and then push another time to see the screen finally.  The same thing has happened when I get a phone call.  The phone rings, but the screen is black, not displaying call info.  Have to push power button twice to see call info. 

Is this a known issue with Nougat update??  This never happened to me before the update.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Maxx 2 - Issue with screen since Nougat Install
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JASRUD95,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having the issues with the most recent update on your Maxx 2 going to Nougat. I definitely want to make sure that your phone is operating as it should be. To get to the bottom of this, I have a few more questions for you.

Can you please provide the software version you are currently running so we can make sure it aligns with what the manufacturer status? In the settings, it will be under About Phone, and then System Version. Also, have you gone through resetting your device since the update? This would mean a full power off and back on, and not just a restart. Lastly, has this ever worked properly since the update or is it just periodically happening?

RyanCo_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JASRUD95

System version = 26.26.14.lux_verizon.en.us

Yes I turned the phone off and then back on again after upgrade. Still

have the same issue.

This is an intermittent issue. It does not occur every time I push the

power button to wake phone up. Just sometimes. Maybe 50% of time...

Thanks.

Jason

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 2:16 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jasrud95, thank you so much for the additional information. We want to make sure that we get this fixed and back in working order. Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the device? Do you have a memory card in the phone. If so, can you please remove the memory card and test out the phone to see if the same problems happen. Check out this link on how to remove the memory card https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-178354/. Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes