Bad service in Jersey City, NJ
IamNamJa

Hi,

I work in an office building located in Jersey City, NJ.  The reception in one corner of the building is fine, but is almost unusable on the other side. The phone constantly goes from low 4G LTE to no service. 

The area that has the bad service is the North side of 3 2nd st.  Could you please take a look into this area and see if there's any way to improve the reception? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bad service in Jersey City, NJ
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My entire life is on my phone, IamNamJa, so I certainly understand how important it is that the service works when and where you need it. You reached the right place for some answers. There are several factors within any building that can affect signal in the way you describe. You may see this happen only during certain times of the day, certain days of the week, or even during certain weather events. For reasons like these, we’re unable to guarantee indoor coverage. I’m certain this is not the most exciting news, but not all hope is lost. Many office buildings use Network Extenders to boost indoor coverage for their employees. Here is more information on Network Extenders for businesses: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-enterprise-basics/ Does this sound like something that would help in the areas in the building where there is lower or no signal? 

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
IamNamJa

Hi,

I would understand that if this was happening during certain conditions, but this is happening all the time regardless of time/weather/etc. 

And it's not just in the building, but outside the building and around the area the coverage seems to be very bad all the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IamNamJa, that information certainly does change things for us. Let's gather some details, so we may move forward. You mentioned that this happens indoors and out, about how far do you need to be from this area before you see a change? Do others in the area also expereince this? When did this begin?

LorenB_VZW 
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
IamNamJa

Hi,

Yes. This occurs both inside and outside. The service is fine towards the harborside light rail stop to the south side of the 3 2nd st building, but it progressively gets worse, and from the north side of the building out to near avalon cove the reception seems to suffer.  Especially when walking near the boardwalk behind 2 second st all the way beyond avalon cove to near newport yacht club and marina.

let me know if this clears it up. Thank you

0 Likes
IamNamJa

Hi,

Any update on this? We are still noticing services issues in the same area.  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi IamNamJa. We apologize for the delay and want to be sure to keep working towards a solution. Can you clarify when this issue began? Do you know of other Verizon customers experiencing the same issues? Can you clarify the distance you have to travel for the service to improve (i.e. a few feet, 

RashadM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
IamNamJa

Hi,

This issue has been on going for some time.  And yes this is an issue that's occurring to all Verizon customers. I have 2 Verizon phones (one person and one work) and they're both showing the same issues with the service. 

I would say that that roughly 0.25 mile radius doesn't have great service. 

0 Likes
IamNamJa

Hi,

Any update on this?  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us back. We would like to continue with you to figure out what is going on. What kind of phone do you have? Are calling, text messages, and data affected the same? Do you have any Wi-Fi access at this location?

JavierMD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes