Using an old phone
JAMHEV71

My recently bought Note 8 died last night. I tried putting the sim into an old galaxy s3 to hold me over until I can get it repaired but it doesnt work. any suggestions

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using an old phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy S3 uses a micro SIM card while the Note 8 uses a nano SIM.  You could either get a SIM card adapter for your current SIM (available at Amazon and elsewhere) or visit your local Corporate VzW store (or contact Customer Service) for a micro SIM card.

What troubleshooting have you done with the Note 8?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you go the replacement SIM route, be aware that you'll need a new nano SIM when you switch back to the Note 8 as the current one will be deactivated when the micro SIM is activated.

0 Likes
JAMHEV71

The phone fell out of my pocket at Christmas and cracked the front. The home screen would open after a few tries. Last night the screen went crazy and now it won’t even turn on. So, no trouble shooting is possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We regret hearing that your Note8 broke around Christmas, JAMJEV71. We definitely want to help get your Galaxy S3 up and running while you wait for a repair. As tikibar1 had mentioned, the two devices do use different SIM cards, and provided some great options to get one the will working with your S3.

If you haven’t already done so, we’d be happy to get one sent out to you. Please reply to the private message we have sent you so we can help.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

chances are the s3 still has it's card & should be easy to activate.

0 Likes