Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Ringback tone error code
asamaniego

I've been trying to update my ringback tone for the new year, but consistently get an error code:  SCM248

Anyone know what this is, or when it will be corrected?  I've had this issue for a few days now.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Ringback tone error code
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Asamaniego, being able to use your Ringback Tones is a must. Let's get this figured out. How are you trying to complete this process (PC or Mobile phone)? Is your current Ringback Tone working?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
asamaniego

Both mobile and pc.

On Jan 20, 2018 4:38 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
asamaniego

I have tried adding the ringback tone from my cell phone, and from a

desktop computer. Both devices give me an error code. I've clicked on

purchase probably seven or eight times, on both devices, and still get the

error code. I'm hoping I haven't been charged seven or eight times for a

ringback tones I can't use. Any effort in resolving this matter would be

most appreciated. I sure would like to change that ringback tone my callers

hear.

On Jan 20, 2018 4:38 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Asamaniego, we definitely want you to have access to the ringback tones you pay for. Let's work at resolving this. Are you using HD voice or WiFi Calling? If so, please disable it using these steps > https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-208085/  and try adding the ringback tone again. Does that work?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
llewisdolphins

I have the same issue. I either get the SCM248 or system error 251 or error 247. I find this incredibly frustrating. I even accidentally download a ringback that popped up by itself. The tone says it is available on the app but I have been trying for a few weeks and it is a consistent problem. Did you ever get the ringback you were trying g to get? I went in and disabled everything in advanced calling and still no luck. Any help you got might help me. Crossing my fingers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

llewisdolphins, we want to ensure that we get this error fixed for you ASAP. Please ensure that you have followerd the directions in the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-tones/. If you have, we would like to look into this further. Please reach out to us on facebook or twitter.

0 Likes
Dannyghanavati
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue too. How do I fix it on a iPhone XR 

mse1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do ringback tones no longer work for an iPhone XR? I've been working with your IT department to get this fixed and nearly 2 months later I STILL cannot access my ringback tones. Even when I'm logged in, i'm asked to log in and when I do, it loops me back to log in. I didn't have this issue before getting an XR. 

0 Likes