How do I move apps from internal to SD Droid Maxx2?
JABarber

Clearly the instructions on the support page don't apply to my phone.
When I go to storage and tap on the SD card, I don't get a Move Media option.

When I click on Internal Storage and select Migrate Data from the three dot menu, I always get an error message "There was an error in estimating the data to be moved. Please try again later."

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I move apps from internal to SD Droid Maxx2?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not all devices or applications allow you to move applications to the SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JABarber

Somehow I managed to get 3 or 4 apps on the SD card. Seems like they were recently installed ones. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing existing apps, but they go into internal memory instead of SD.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JABarber, help is here as ensuring your have adequate space on your phone is a must. Moving items to your SD memory card is a great option but not all 3rd party applications will allow you to move it to the SD card to due licensing. Is there a particular application you are attempting to move?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If like other Android devices, go into settings and find the application manager. Choose all apps or downloaded apps and long press on an app. There you will be able to potentially move part of the app to the SD card.

Personally, I can never remember moving the entirety of an app to the SD card on any Android phone I've ever owned. It will depend on the app,  but I believe all must have at least a portion loaded on internal memory.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct. Even if you managed to move an application to the SD card, part of it has to remain stored on the internal memory space to function properly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.