Battery drains overnight/during day
DANOHONE

I can have the phone completely at 100%, and not use it at all, but in the morning it will be down to 60%. or less, same thing during day, not used, but in a few hours drains. I also just changed the battery, happened to old battery and new one??????

0 Likes
Re: Battery drains overnight/during day
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danohone, having that battery life when you need is can certainly be important. This is not at all uncommon for smartphones as things can be running in the background without you even touching the phone. Also, if the phone is set to vibrate or silent, you can see a difference on that battery drain. Find ways to extend that battery life at http://spr.ly/65898N7gf.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Battery drains overnight/during day
stef7
Master - Level 2

Sometimes a phone trying to search for a good 4G signal and dropping into 2G 3G and back will kill a charge. Is that happening on your device, or do you have a constant / strong 4G signal where you have it for prolonged periods?

If it's constantly trying to sync email (checking too often) that can be another cause of battery drain.

There is a means to look at Battery Consumption (Settings | Battery).

There is a means to look at data usage (Settings | Data Usage) - you need to enable Mobile Data.

You can also download a process monitor (Simple System Monitor) to see what is using the CPU.

All three of these can be used to see what your phone is grinding on and eating up the battery.

0 Likes