How about having Samsung unlock the service menus that allow the customers to run test on their phones?
diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

how about having Samsung unlock the service menus that allow the customers to run test on their phones? Like every galaxy phone other than Verizon, if you dial *#06#, it gives the IMEI, or

CodeDescription
*#1234#to check software version of phone.
*#12580*369#to check software and hardware information.
*#0228#Battery status (ADC, RSSI reading)
*#0011#Service Menu

Just not on Verizon's products!

Labels (1)
Re: How about having Samsung unlock the service menus that allow the customers to run test on their phones?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Complain to Samsung.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: How about having Samsung unlock the service menus that allow the customers to run test on their phones?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Would be nice to be able to do things on your own phone that you bought and payed big bucks for. I understand about their apps having to be on it but would be nice not to have all the bloatware taking space  battery and memory.

diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung cant change it without Verizon! They work hand in hand on programming the device for each individual company. that's why each company has their own BLOATWARE to put on devices. Each provider has guidelines for the manufacturers, and Verizon is aware of this and how it can also solve some issues when you can actually utilize these test menus. To test the display or battery. or to calibrate your compass. or to get your IMEI. or any of the many other useful tools in these menus!

diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would just like to see them give a little back to the people who make them who they are US THE CUSTOMERS. Stop locking us out of our $900 phones and let us have the access we pay for!

diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

And maybe do some maintenance to their structure and make it as reliable as they say they are and they used to be...

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung can too change it without Verizon. Samsung can make it a standard feature which is included in all variations instead of charging extra to have the option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung cannot change it because they get the programming for the device from the Carrier. then they have to implement that into the system updates.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then explain why other phone models on the Verizon Wireless network have access to those menus. I know for a fact that the HTC phones can access the testing menu and have since 2009.

0 Likes
diggerdegroff
Enthusiast - Level 3

because it is how Verizon contracted it with Samsung! I have already had this discussion with both sides of the fence. it is only because Verizon has this do what they want attitude. The FCC made rules and Verizon don't play by rules. And why are you sticking up for Verizon and their rip off ways? I just want access to my Samsung phones as they are intended. Don't miss the Part About CONTRACT!