Not impressed with my first iPhone. Once I can get a new phone, Bye, Bye iPhone, Hello trusty Droid!
hammergirl73

Not impressed with my first iPhone.  I have had droids forever and never had a problem but I decided to try an iPhone this time around.  I am not impressed.  The first time I dropped it, it cracked, even though I have it in a supposed sturdy case to avoid cracking.  Now I'm stuck with a cracked phone for the next year plus until it's paid off on the verizon plan.  Once I can get a new phone, Bye, Bye iPhone, Hello trusty Droid!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not impressed with my first iPhone. Once I can get a new phone, Bye, Bye iPhone, Hello trusty Droid!
NICMOF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any phone will break if you drop it, Apple has great software "IOS", but I mean to each their own. I would give it a fair chance can't blame a phone for something it didn't do, they don't claim their phones to be indestructible.

0 Likes
Re: Not impressed with my first iPhone. Once I can get a new phone, Bye, Bye iPhone, Hello trusty Droid!
rcschnoor
Legend

There are MANY android users who have had the same problem dropping their phone and cracking the screen(even when in a "sturdy case"). This is not an iPhone only problem.

You are not stuck with a cracked phone. You can bring it into an Apple store, have them fix it and be out of there again in an hour or so. I believe Apple charges ~$125 to do so. This is much easier to do with an iPhone than most android phones as I don't believe there are many stores around for the multiple android branded phones.

While I have used iPhones in the past and currently use a few different android devices, I believe it is MUCH more convenient for the majority of people to have an iPhone serviced than it is to have android devices serviced.

However, if you prefer the android ecosystem to iOS you should certainly stick with that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hammergirl73 Having a good working phone is important. I’m sorry this happened to you. I can assure you that our Apple devices are excellent devices. We don’t want to see our customers with a damaged device. I want to make sure we explore all your options. Please visit our “Damaged Device FAQs’ page http://vz.to/2ycyNjV refer to # 5 for additional information.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes