Replacement Issues
Frankee12

Hello, I am writing this post as a complaint. I am currently a Verizon customer and have been for the last 14 years. I have never filed a claim for a phone and have never needed a replacement until now.

I have an iPhone 6 in which the battery was malfunctioning (losing charge rapidly, would show 2% charge all day long, or if it showed 2% and I plugged it in, it would immediately go to 86% for example). I took my phone to my local Verizon store. They did all updates needed on my phone and told me to come back if it didn't work. It didn't. I came back and they did a factory reset, again telling me to come back if it didn't work. It didn't. I came back and they ordered me a replacement. Up until this point, I am perfectly fine with taking steps to try and fix the problem without having to get a new phone.

Verizon sends me a replacement. I do the transfer to activate the replacement and send my old phone back as requested. The very next day the 'new' replacement phone completely lost contact with the Verizon network. It just said 'Searching...' for the signal. I clicked into the Support Chat online and the representative had me try numerous things to fix it. None of them worked. He told me I needed to go to a Corporate store and get a new SIM card and that would fix my problem. I go to the Corporate store that same day, get a new SIM card and it still does not work. The store said they would need to order me ANOTHER replacement. Frustrated, but was still okay at this point.

Verizon sends me another replacement. I take it straight to the store to do the transfer again. This time, the store representative tells me there's nothing he can do for me because the SECOND REPLACEMENT now does not work. Why? Because it had not been completely wiped clean from the previous owner. It was still LOCKED with someone else's yahoo email address and there was no way to bypass it. (HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?!?! I thought all refurbished phones were 'inspected immensely'?!?!) I then had to sit on hold with customer service for over an hour to try and get another replacement phone. Mind you, this is now a Friday and I was taking a 7 hour roadtrip by myself for the weekend. I have no means of communication now. They tell me the new one would be ordered on Monday and the phone would be delivered to me by Tuesday (tomorrow.)

After a lot of conversation and not pleasant interactions, I had to ASK multiple times for some kind of recuperation. I was given a $40 statement credit. For now going almost a week without a phone, leaving me with no form of communication via long travel due to their error multiple times... and I practically had to beg for $40. I can only hope that the phone I get tomorrow actually WORKS like it's supposed to. I am beyond disappointed with the quality of service I have received. It has been absolutely unacceptable.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Replacement Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m truly sorry to learn of the device issues outlined in your post, Frankee12. Our number one goal is to always have a working phone in your hands, and I am disappointed that a replacement phone was not usable due to authentication issues that should have been resolved before sending it to you. I see that your post is from 8/28/17, and you probably have a replacement phone in your possession by now. Please confirm that your latest replacement is working as intended, or let us know if you need assistance activating it.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Replacement Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is for you to have a working device, Frankee12. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for the helpful information, and I would like an opportunity to look into this further. I have sent you a Private Message so we can work on this together and get additional information.

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes