What should I do if my number was given to someone else?
papamoik

Hi. I bought a Verizon Samsung prepaid for security reasons while traveling around in the USA. This year while staying again in the USA I learned that Verizon has given away my number to another customer. What can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon gave my number to other customer
rcschnoor
Legend

The length of time before money in a prepaid account expires depends on how much you deposit into your account at any given time. You should read thru the prepaid faq for questions about a prepaid account. Question #3 under making payments addresses your question. #4 under making payments may be of some value to your question, too.

Prepaid Plans and Service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Did you let the service for that line expire? For prepaid phones, if you do not keep enough money in your account so that your line remains active, you will lose that number and will have to sign up for a new number when you are ready to re-activate your phone.

0 Likes
papamoik

Thanks for the fast response! How can I prevent this. The prepaid money got lost after 30 days. Do I have to charge every 30 days?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The length of time before money in a prepaid account expires depends on how much you deposit into your account at any given time. You should read thru the prepaid faq for questions about a prepaid account. Question #3 under making payments addresses your question. #4 under making payments may be of some value to your question, too.

Prepaid Plans and Service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes