Will I be charged an access fee if I never inset the SIM card into my iPad?
udaccountant19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just purchased the new iPad Pro 10.5 inch. I am already a Verizon customer and have the unlimited plan. I added the iPad to my plan and opted for the two year agreement with monthly payments. I bought the iPad from Best Buy and of course it came with the SIM card. My question is if I never insert the SIM card into the iPad, will I still be charged the $20 line access fee? Of course I know I'll have to pay for the iPad but I wasn't sure about the line access fee if I never activate the iPad's cellular network.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPad Monthly Payments on Unlimited Plan
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

udaccountant19​, congratulations on your new iPad! I want to make sure that you have a good understanding of your billing now that the iPad has been purchased. When the iPad was purchased, a line had to be created in order to process the Device Payment.  However, as rcschnoor mentioned, if the line is not activated with the iPad within 45 days of purchase, then a forced buyout occurs and you will be billed for the reminder for the Device Payment Agreement.

Obtain more details about Device Payment by clicking on the link.

Device Payment FAQs | Verizon Wireless

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

For a device to be on a payment plan thru Verizon, it must ALSO be on an active line of service. If you are not paying the line access fee, the device would not be on an active line of service and the full amount of the purchase would become due immediately. Your choice, pay now and not have a line access fee or pay over time and have the line access fee.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Udaccountant19, we want you to enjoy your new tablet and will provide you with information about the monthly charges.  You will be billed monthly for the tablet and service even if you never insert the sim card to activate the device. Is there a reason why you do not want to activate the tablet?       

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

udaccountant19​, congratulations on your new iPad! I want to make sure that you have a good understanding of your billing now that the iPad has been purchased. When the iPad was purchased, a line had to be created in order to process the Device Payment.  However, as rcschnoor mentioned, if the line is not activated with the iPad within 45 days of purchase, then a forced buyout occurs and you will be billed for the reminder for the Device Payment Agreement.

Obtain more details about Device Payment by clicking on the link.

Device Payment FAQs | Verizon Wireless

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes