Are there screen protectors available for the S7 Edge?
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been told by a couple cell phone stores and Best Buy there is no screen protector for this phone because of the curved edge. Is this true?? I have a case on it now that comes in two pieces and it allows for a tempered glass or plastic screen protector but I want to purchase the Speck case and was told no case like Speck or OutterBox Symmetry series will work bc it will slide the protector off. I've never owned a phone where I could not put these on it. I don't like the OutterBox Defender bc I had it on my last phone and the phone cracked to pieces inside the case.. Any suggestions??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen Protector
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

There are screen protectors for both the S7 and S7 Edge. The S7 is easier since it's nearly flat. The entire screen protector is glass and works well. With the S7 Edge the main area of protection uses glass but I believe the "edges" are more like the older screen protector films.

View solution in original post

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

There are screen protectors for both the S7 and S7 Edge. The S7 is easier since it's nearly flat. The entire screen protector is glass and works well. With the S7 Edge the main area of protection uses glass but I believe the "edges" are more like the older screen protector films.

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Furthermore, to add to my previous post:

I nearly exclusively use Urban Armor Gear cases which have been available from at least the Galaxy S3 and onward. I've never run into any issues with screen protectors be it glass or the film. Glass is much better, IMHO. The screen protectors that I have used leave a bit of room around the edges and when properly placed there is no negative impact to the casing.You obviously just need to pay some attention when removing the phone from the case. The only times I remove my phone from the case is when doing an Android update which I know will heat up the phone and when I am merely cleaning things out of all the nooks and crannies where dust and such like to gather and hide.

0 Likes
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

Yes,  they make glass screen protectors for the S7 Edge. You can see many on Amazon's website. Many are under $10.

0 Likes