Why dont chat messages sync to in dash text messaging?
ROYKNI77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Messages+ seems to force Verizon Messages+ users to communicate via "Chat" instead of SMS, "Chat" messages don't sync with my Toyota in-dash messaging, but SMS messages do.  How can we disable Chat in Verizon Messages+ so that other text messaging software, such as Toyota Entune, can access ALL incoming messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Chat" messages don't sync to in dash text messaging
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tap the menu (three bars in the upper left-hand corner) > Settings > Advanced > uncheck Enable Chat.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ROYKNI77,

Let's get these messaging syncing with your car. Let me ask a couple of questions. Have you checked the application to make sure it's updated? Please pull up the application from the Play Store and make sure there is no update available. Once it's updated, please let us know what version it is. Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROYKNI77
Enthusiast - Level 2

The app on my phone is up to date, as of today Feb. 15. Message+ 6.4.5

Incoming SMS messages sync with the car, Chat messages do not.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tap the menu (three bars in the upper left-hand corner) > Settings > Advanced > uncheck Enable Chat.

0 Likes
zrxdave
Enthusiast - Level 3

tikibar1 is correct!!!!!! But......................... why oh why is VZWSupport not telling customers that?

0 Likes
ROYKNI77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe that the Windows software still forces messages between 2 users both using Verizon Messages on their computers to exchange messages in Chat format.  I can now get txt messages sent from a phone to sync with my in dash app, but messages sent from the Windows version of Verizon Messages come in as "Chat" and don't sync.  I get some messages in-dash, can't get messages there that were sent by other Verizon Messages users from their computer.

I've unchecked "Enable Chat" on my phone, how do I do the equivalent on the Windows version of the software?

Thanks

0 Likes
ALABAT31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Support, you should push out an update with VZW Message+ that fixes the last update or tell customers. After 3 hours of testing, research and 20 min on hold (hung up) I may have solved the sudden change in your app due to an update - thanks to a poster in this thread, not you. Unbeknownst to me for days some people weren't getting my texts, including my wife. She & I are on same the plan and both have V20s but I use Message+ and she hates it so uses standard texting app. One day she stopped getting my texts. Even next to each other she couldnt receive them, so I switched away from Message+ so we could text each other. We had a good Verizon swear-fest for our poor reception and now this... RIDICULOUS. It only added to my VZW frustration after switching from TMobile.

0 Likes
zrxdave
Enthusiast - Level 3

ROYKNI77 you can not at this time. Here is a copy and paste of the reply from the developers of the windows app re: disable chat in 2.0.1.0 windows app

Thank you very much for bringing this to our notice.

We are working on the fix and it will be addressed and resolved in the next, soon-to-be released version for Windows.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Likes
ROYKNI77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for letting me know.

1. Why didn't Verizon make this feature available from the 1st release?

2. Why can't Verizon let people know the situation?

Thanks again.

0 Likes