How Do I Transfer Pictures From my Phone To my Computer?
RollinC
Enthusiast - Level 1

How does one copy pictures from your Galaxy S7 phone to one's computer? I plugged mine in with its USB cable, and it shows up with the name I gave my phone, but, nothing is there. It is empty.

I used to be able to copy or move pictures by finding the correct dcim folder but now there is nothing. But, I can still see my hundreds of pictures on my phone, itself.

R

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfer Pictures from phone to computer
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the Marshmallow OS, the default USB mode is charging only.  Whenever you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, you'll need to pull down the notification shade, tap where it says USB Charging, and change it to File Transfer.

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the Marshmallow OS, the default USB mode is charging only.  Whenever you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, you'll need to pull down the notification shade, tap where it says USB Charging, and change it to File Transfer.

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RollinC, transferring photos from your phone to your PC is an excellent way to keep your phone's storage space available for when you need it! Tiki bar1 provided an awesome link explaining how to get your computer to recognize your S7 as a Removable Hard Drive. Were you able to get this to work? Let us know if you are in need of additional assistance.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RollinC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it worked. Thank you! Linda M  [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: How Do I Transfer Pictures From my Phone To my Computer?
JJ0605

they download but don't transfer to folders like they used to do 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JJ0605 wrote:

they download but don't transfer to folders like they used to do 

This THREE year old ANSWERED thread should be locked.  If you have a NEW issue with CURRENT devices, you should create an appropriate NEW thread.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too and we're here to help you with information to transfer pictures form your Samsung Galaxy S7 to a PC. Please visit our website to view the information at http://spr.ly/6608GESF8. I'm confident that this will be helpful to you. RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.