I was sold a used/refurbished iPhone AS NEW
v67siia

On October 2016, I went to the Verizon Westfield Valencia store and upgrade my wife’s phone to a 6Plus.  I was told that iPhone was the last one in stock. A couple of weeks later the phone stated acting up.  I was told to go to the Apple Store.  There I was given a replacement phone but I was told the warranty would expired in January 2017.  The phone the Verizon store sold me was an used phone not new as told and charged for!   I have been trying to get in contact with the Area Manager since and no luck.  I finally got an email from her after 3 month and all she offered was a $100 in-store credit!  What a bunch of trash.... who can I reach at Verizon to get this resolved. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I was sold a used/refurbished iPhone AS NEW
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

V67siia, we completely understand your concern with having a brand new phone, especially during this day and age. To help locate the exactly store, may we please have the street address and zip code the store is located at? Did the phone look like it was opened or setup before you purchased it?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
v67siia

Hello, the location is at: Westfield Valencia Town Center, 24201 Valencia Blvd #2018, Valencia, CA 91355.

The box was open, when I asked about it, I was told it was a display model they have had for a while and was the last one in stock; In fact I asked if it was refurbished and I was clearly told it was not.

After I visited the Apple store, I was given the following details of the phone sold to me by your Verizon store:

Model: IPHONE 6 PLUS

Date of Purchase: 28-Jan-16

Serial No: [Removed]

IMEI: [Removed]

Warranty Status: In Warranty(LP): expires 28-Jan-2017

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
v67siia

Any update on the subject?  I provided the information you request yet no reply

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

V67siia, we apologize for the delay in response. This isn't a common situation at all, and we assure you we will resolve things for you. This will require us to gather more information and work closely with your account. Please copy and paste you issue to one of our other platforms, so we can reach out to you directly. >> http://vz.to/2e3J7jh

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PICKNITUP1

This same thing happened to me but with a different type of phone. It started acting up with only a month left under the 1yr warranty. I have had to buy a prepaid in order for family and my employer to be able to get in contact with me. I've bought new chargers because it wouldn't connect to the one I was given with the phone.

I went to a corporate store yesterday and they informed me that I was sold a used phone and the rep I bought it from didn't inform me! I've been paying for a USED phone at a NEW phone price. This is ridiculous!!

I'm going to the store where I bought the phone, this morning to see if we can get this resolved. HIGHLY disappointed with that store.

0 Likes
jac_bb
Enthusiast - Level 1

what resolution did you ever get? I am currently going through this and from what I've been reading on the community forum pages this seems to be an ongoing issue but as a amazing as it seems, all verizon representatives seemed shocked. Please, don't feed me that Verizon. How would you feel if this happened to one of your family members? They thought they were buying a brand new never been used before car come to find out that in fact the car is used and was returned because it was a lemon? This has to be a violation of the Fair Trade Act some how. I have a lawyer looking into my current situation.  This has to stop.

0 Likes