Droid Razr MAXX HD suddenly doesn't want to charge at all
jimmydisdain

greetings programs!

[DISCLAIMER:  i'm a pretty wordy dude so when i do these tech support things i tend to err in favor of putting out too much information as opposed to too little; so please forgive me if my verbosity+syntax+candor tends to be what the british call "a bit much."]

tonight, at the end of a typical day of usage, i went to plug it in and it didn't flip over the text/batt-%s to "CHARGING ##%" -- it was just like nothing happened despite being plugged in.  roughly 6-9 months ago i had my charging cord start to stop working and get all finicky about being plugged in 100% properly to charge at all, so i bought a new charging cord and it's worked flawlessly up until tonight when it was completely dead...

...that is, until tonight.  obviously the first thing to do is try to discern if it's the cord or the phone that's causing the problem, so i grabbed an old iphone3 i had sitting in a drawer (with an aftermarket case+battery+microUSB-charging-port) and noticed that using the same cord i could get that iphone to go from 0.0 (from sitting in a drawer untouched for ~18+ months) to charging up, so that made me gulp and start to fear the worst.

it might not be 100% hopeless though--- when the phone (currently at 1% battery) is powered off and i plug in the cord the green status light will come on like it does for the first minute or two when you begin to charge the powered-down phone from 0.0% battery life.... however after that minute or two instead of kicking over to the power-off charging screen (the one with the big vertically-standing battery that fills up with "juice" alongside a ##% number to show you how much charge it has) it'll just boot the phone and then dump me at my home screen like "HEY YOU NEED TO PLUG IN YOUR CHARGER YA BIG DOOFUS!"  and then i sigh and wonder if this might be the end for my legit-soldier of a phone.

so is it possible that it could be something stupid like a static electricity thing, or maybe even i throw $3-5 at a new microUSB charging cord tomorrow an it just miraculously works?  or does it sound like it might be time to thank the heavens that i've got assurion for a reason? =D

so long and thanks for all the fish!

# sir talkstoomuch, esq.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr MAXX HD suddenly doesn't want to charge at all
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern, jimmydisdain. We always want you to have a working device. Are you still having issues charging the device? If so, we need to gather more information in order to better assist you. Have you tried the charging cords with other devices? If the device still turns on, have you tried putting it in Safe Mode?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr MAXX HD suddenly doesn't want to charge at all
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is for you to get your phone charging again. Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps? Please try running a Device Health Check, more information can be found here: http://spr.ly/65838rdMf

EstebanP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes